Particle attributes not recognized in Emission color?

mstarktv

This has been really getting on my nerves the past few days. I'm just messing around with particles and their attributes, connecting them to a Principal Shader for practice. I can get Emission to turn on(emitillum), I can control the intensity(emitint) but I cannot for some reason figure out how to control the Emission color.

I know that Emission Color's parameters are: emitcolorr emitcolorb emitcolorb

In my example I did a lowish-res flip sim and connected the velocity to Emission Intensity (@emitint = @v;) for example.

However, When I colored my particles using a ramp and using the velocity channel, I figured I would try:

@emitcolorr = @Cd.r

...and so on for Green and Blue. But, this did not work. I feel like I'm dancing around the answer but not able to find it after searching. I wonder if anyone else has run into this?

Best,

Stark!

My favorite thing about this is how much I kept trying to feed in different vectors.

Yep, that did it! My favorite part is I had the thought "what if I add "v@" in front because it's a vector "nah, i'll try {x, y, z} instead.

Well now I know! Thanks, Matt.