How To Bake Texture/uv In Houdini?

HI! I am a CG student learning Houdini and renderman.

I have successfully baked UV in Mantra but I still do not have any idea of how to bake UV/texture in Houdini for renderman.

Can someone pls help me? This is the thing that I wanted to know for a long time! Pls!

Thank you for your time and attention!

HI! I am  a CG student learning Houdini and renderman.

I have successfully baked UV in Mantra but I still do not have any idea of how to bake UV/texture in Houdini for renderman.

Can someone pls help me? This is the thing that I wanted to know for a long time! Pls!

Thank you for your time and attention!

18568[/snapback]

See attached. Let me know if any of it doesn't make sense!

bakeTex.zip

Thanks rjpieke!

I think I want to buy you a cup of coffee! :P

Thank you very very much!

18598[/snapback]

Heheh... I've just recently discovered Starbucks' "Mint Mocha Chip Frappucino" (ugh ... I feel almost dirty saying that - what ever happened to just "coffee"?). YUM!!!

I'm glad it helped ... good luck with your studies!

Heheh... I've just recently discovered Starbucks' "Mint Mocha Chip Frappucino" (ugh ... I feel almost dirty saying that - what ever happened to just "coffee"?). YUM!!!

I'm glad it helped ... good luck with your studies!

18607[/snapback]

After testing out the sop network, I found a problem. It is only point light could be baked. It does not work corrrectly if I have ambient light in the scene. Do you have any clue of how I can bake ambient light as well?

After testing out the sop network, I found a problem. It is only point light could be baked. It does not work corrrectly if I have ambient light in the scene. Do you have any clue of how I can bake ambient light as well?

18616[/snapback]

I'd guess that you should be able to achieve this by modifying the attached shader to include an ambient() call.

One more thing to note is that the network I've posted will not allow baking of GI or occlusion. To do that, you'll need to retain an initial copy of your geometry, launch rays from _Pref, and let them hit the initial geometry. If that didn't make sense, don't worry about it right now.