Nt4 And 7.x.x And ..tweaks?

birras

I got this box running on nt4 (pretty snappy 2) but havnt had any luck so far installing version 7.x.x

any hints ?

if you could point me to a place where i could find some nt tweaks and/or drivers, id be more than clad.

nt has been rockstable so far, just some .dlls are missing now and then.

comparing performance over some distros, benchmarkwinner is nt (on an amd 2200+ with 2gigs infinion and a fx5200 box and another older one with a pIII1000-for doin stuff while the other renders)

it defffinately doesnt need much recorces to perform, unlike most of the distros/os es out there with huge neccecity of ..u know what..

back to topic: I wasnt able to install version 7.xx on nt, but 6.5.x runs like a charm. again. any hint on .dlls missing and where to get them?

In what way weren't you able to install H7? I think Windows NT4 support has officially been dropped but I think I was running Houdini 7 on NT4 for at least a little but I've made the jump to XP since then. Make sure your have the latest service pack installed.

The installer crashes when you try and install H7 on NT. Support looked at this for me and they couldn't fix it. We only run H6.5 on our NT boxes. I did ask them to remove where it says Houdini works on NT from the Sesi specs website but I don't know if it happened.

• 4 months later...

Too bad Windows NT (4.0) - one of the most reliable BSD-clo, err!..., Windows ( :) ) versions around - is phasing out more and more, I wish I could still be using it. All they have to do is update DirectX and release a service pack with all the necessary security updates once in a while.