Help with advecting particles by a smoke sim

theshizon

Hi guys!   Im doing some final touch ups on a project and I need some help with some particle behavior. Im re-creating a seahorse giving birth for a crowd and particles project and the babies (particles) look like they are shooting out like a machine gun but in the reference they are coming out more in bursts and are swirling around (being underwater of course).  Im controlling the impulse birth rate and impulse activation in CHOPs (inside an OLD POP net) and I cant find enough docs or resources on how the advect by volume works in old pops.   I tried to re-create Tokerus advect particles setup in my old pop net but to no avail.  Ill provide the reference, what i have currently rendered and my .hip file.  That would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.  Thanks alot guys.  Let me know if you have any more questions or if you need more info 

heres a link to the reference video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_nEA3dtOZs

and heres a google drive link to what I have managed to come up with so far

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-mSmcQH6CSgNkp4NTlzRjg1Z0U

Cheers

Seahorse_Project_for_ODFORCE.hipnc

I think I figured it out.  I wasn't importing the velocity.   I was trying to get my velocity values from an opinputpath expression to my object merge plugged into my popnets 2nd input, and my object merge was merging in my import pyro fields but it didn't like it for some reason.