Houdini Env Variables in File Browser

Does anyone know how to show the evironment variables in the file browser when you open Houdini ?

We have a few servers that I have mapped to variables so I can use the scenes in different OSs. It works well.
I have the mapping happening on the 456.py where it recognizes the OS and sets the paths using hscript and python.

hou.hscript("setenv LIB=/mnt/Library")

Like my $LIB is set to /mnt/Library in Linux and L: in Windows. I can look for files and render paths just fine in both OSs fine using $LIB. 

BUT I would like to see the env variables in the file browser when I open a file for instance on the left side of the browser and without adding the bookmark manually.

I maybe crazy but I think I used to see this just fine but it stopped working.

Does anyone know how to force this to work ? Is it some variable I am forgetting to set on Houdini.env ? I cannot find the info anywhere.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

The +/x buttons in the lower left hand side just add/remove entries from the jump.pref file (usually located in $HOME/houdiniX.Y/) so you can basically copy/move that file (or create your own) and put it somewhere everyone can see and they will pick up the bookmarks.

hi, the file you are looking for is called jump.pref. You can edit the file in your houdini home folder:

/houdini15.5/jump.pref 

open the file in a text editor and  paste in the network drives location path there. each line will be a new entry.

edit: in your case you can just add $LIB there

Edited by Doudini
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...