Selection Marquee Is Invisible

Dear users:

In the viewport as well as the SOP pane I find that I cannot see the selection marquee when I am click-dragging around points or SOPs. I imagine that this is because the selection marquee is the same exact color as the background in each pane. Is there a way to change the interface colors to make the selection marquee appear?

Thanks in advance for any help.

-penciline

Hey there,

There is an environment variable you could try setting:

setenv HOUDINI_OGL_MARQUEE_FIX  1

This env var has been around for a million years so I don't know if its still valid.

Hope it helps,

Jason

PS. If you're on windows, you could set it in ControlPanel->System->Environment->Advanced.

PPS. If you want to see all the available Houdini environment variables, type this in a shell which has the Houdini environment set: hconfig -a

Hey there,

There is an environment variable you could try setting:

setenv HOUDINI_OGL_MARQUEE_FIX  1

This env var has been around for a million years so I don't know if its still valid.

Hope it helps,

Jason

PS.  If you're on windows, you could set it in ControlPanel->System->Environment->Advanced.

PPS. If you want to see all the available Houdini environment variables, type this in a shell which has the Houdini environment set:  hconfig -a

19091[/snapback]

Thanks. I tried it but it apparently doesn't work on my machine.

However, I forgot to mention another quirk that I discovered: When I try to drag and drop SOPs, the SOP doesn't follow the mouse. It only ends up where I drop it. This is sort of a pain when I try to organize my SOPs snice I can't tell where anything is going to end up in my pane.

Thanks in advance for any help.

No problem;  btw, what video card / drivers are you using?

This kind of thing is good to document on the Wiki.

19095[/snapback]

Using ATI FireGL T2 graphics card, 128MB Video RAM, 1280x1024, driver version ati2dvag.dll (6.14.0010.6467 (7 Sept 2004).

Hope this info helps you.