Getting It Running Again :(

Hi all,

I've been trying in my spare time to get the thing running again what with the newer changes to the DOP infrastructure.

It compiles, but crashes when its cooked. Bugger.

I wanted to get it to a state to upload it to sourceforge as a proof of concept kinda thing - a 0.1 alpha type of deal but I don't think I'm going to have time to figure out the crashes.

As well, I have a horrible frustration that we have to modify the ODE config.h file to prevent a typedef clash. Anyone know how to get around this type of thing where the HDK and ODE both want to define the same typedef? I was trying to avoid re-distributing a hacked version of ODE altogether.

Any suggestions?

Hey Jason,

Just a thought, but since the order of the type modifier doesn't matter in this case (signed char == char signed), maybe you could try something sneaky like this:

#define int8 signed int8
#include <ode/ode.h>
#undef int8

It should make the typedef line in ode.h expand into:

typedef char signed int8;

And the typedef should take precedence thereafter. But you don't want the SYS_types.h line to read:

typedef signed char signed int8; // <-- double "signed" baaaad

So you need to undefine it before the SESI headers get included.

Haven't tried it but... beer?

Cheers!

My way of handling it with the tiff library was to get the maintainers to change it to be "signed char". :) "char" shouldn't be assumed to be signed as there are compiler switches out there which will make them unsigned by default.

My way of handling it with the tiff library was to get the maintainers to change it to be "signed char". :) "char" shouldn't be assumed to be signed as there are compiler switches out there which will make them unsigned by default.

19258[/snapback]

I agree, that would be a better solution by far.

... and suggesting that they put everything in its own namespace wouldn't hurt either ;)