DOP Checkpoints disable simulation

Kaprolactam

Hello everyone,

so we finally got the full FX license for Houdini and I merrily went about rebuilding a setup that I built in the apprentice version, some FLIP shenanigans. The apprentice version wouldn't simulate when I enabled checkpoints, I thought that was so you can't simulate in apprentice and use the cache in the full version. But now I've got the paid license and the problem persists. I set up the checkpoint file name but no matter what interval or trail length I set, all it ever does is simulate frame 1 and write it to disk, then stop simulating the DOP network, showing me memory cache blue in the playbar and just playing the animation.

I'm stumped. Is there anything I'm missing or is it a bug in H16? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Okay, I'm a complete and utter moron. After much fiddling without any results, I resorted to reading the manual on the DOP node again. Carefully. And I found what I was doing wrong, namely using $F4 as numbering variable, not $SF as stated in the manual. I guess that could have been made more clear in the interface, maybe with a warning or something but you live and learn. Won't make that mistake again, that's for sure.