Shadeop Context

I wonder what functions, except C++ functions and user libraries, are accessible in shadeop. Whether it is possible to get access to elements of a scene, to make trace and so forth?

Mario, you realized Point-To-Element Occlusion as shadeop or as SOP? I ask because you used KD-Tree.

As far as I can tell, none of the VEX/Mantra stuff has been made available in the HDK, so any context info would have to be passed to your custom shadeops, either directly or through files. The rest of the HDK (plus whatever else you write) is available of course (including the UT_KDTree class).

At the moment, my implementation is in the form of a SOP -- well, it's really an HDK utility class with a SOP for a front end.

That's all I needed for the current job, so I haven't gotten around to the shadeop versions yet, but if the HDK exposes facilities for loading bgeo/geo/tbf files (haven't checked yet), then things should be ok in shadeop land... I hope... but don't quote me on that... :rolleyes:

P.S. But how have been written functions raytrace (), occlusion () and others like that?

I suspect they wrote them the same way they wrote everything else... with a text editor... probably VIM! :D

The fact you don't see some class/function definition in the HDK headers doesn't mean it doesn't exist in the libraries... which is totally understandable...

But we do get to see an incredibly generous amount of stuff! And that is just mind-bogglingly awesome! :)