Geometry Color transferred to smoke

jeffymphilip02

Heya folks, 
I've been trying to test out a setup where a volume inherits color from geometry which in turn is used to color smoke simulations. 
I have a attached a file with my setup - where I'm initializing a tempCd field and then transfering that to a Cd field with gas calculate and then advecting Cd with vel.
However, the issue with the sim is the fact that it refuses to initialize multiple colors. I hope somebody can help me figure out how to troubleshoot this issue. 

Thank you!

smoke_color_sim_test.hipnc

Without looking at your scene, have you double checked everywhere you're dealing with Cd that you are setting it as vector? Many things in Houdini default to float/scalar. 

Edited by adrianr

5 hours ago, adrianr said:

Without looking at your scene, have you double checked everywhere you're dealing with Cd that you are setting it as vector? Many things in Houdini default to float/scalar. 

As far as my knowledge of dops go - yes. Unless, it is not sourcing in the right color. However I have set two colors and for some reason it only seems to source one over the grid. 

8 hours ago, adrianr said:

http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=HoudiniDops#Volumes.2C_pyro.2C_colour

Have a look through this file from Matt Estella and see what is missing from your set up. First off I'd suggest chucking down a volume vis sop to make sure your initial volume is being made correctly. Then work your way down from there. 

Thank you!
The setup I was using is pretty similar to this. I had a placeholder tempCd field which was messing the sourcing up(somehow?).