AMD Ryzen 1700x or Intel i7-7700k or i7-6800k

divyanshfxartist

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a good processor for my new PC..I can afford Intel Xeon processor...so I have to stick with i7 or Amd Ryzen 7..

Intel i7-6800k

Intel i7-7700k

Rayzen 1700x

I searched on net and find that Intel i7-7700k is not good in performance compare to i7-6800k and new Rayzen 1700x

I already have AMD FX 8350 machine..with limited config..

AMD FX 8350

GTX 560TI

CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB 

M5A97 R2.0

Antec gx505

Corsair TX750 watt

This config is not giving any performance...AMD known for heating issue..random shutdown bcz of this..So I don't know trust to Rayzen or not..My new config which I am trying to build now is

Processor & Motherboard : Need suggestions

Ram : 32gb corsair vengeance PRO

Graphic card : gtx 1070

Power supply : corsair TX750

Cooling : Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2

Cabinet : antec gx505

SSD : Samsung evo pro 250gb

Edited by divyanshfxartist

I'm assuming you mean the Core i7-7700K because there is no 1700K. The Ryzen 1700X will render faster and provide better bang for the buck in every regard. The only reason I'd go with Intel for a low budget workstation is if more than 64GB of memory is needed (Intel socket 2011-3 platform has eight instead of four memory slots).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lukeiamyourfather said:

I'm assuming you mean the Core i7-7700K because there is no 1700K. The Ryzen 1700X will render faster and provide better bang for the buck in every regard. The only reason I'd go with Intel for a low budget workstation is if more than 64GB of memory is needed (Intel socket 2011-3 platform has eight instead of four memory slots).

Yes I means i7-7700k..I am confused bcz I am getting mix review of i7-7700k..I all ready have AMD Fx 8350 machine with me..without Colling kit..its is not giving performance... It heats a lot..and shut down frequently..online I am getting info regarding AMD ryzan Is giving less heating and better multithreding output then Intel..which is surprising for me..