Compile Blocks- need 2nd compile begin

Hi

In the examples for compile blocks there are 2 'compile begin' SOPs. I also need a 2nd compile begin in order to omit incompatible nodes from being included in the block.

In the attached pic the null node on the left should be a compile begin node.

No matter what I try, am unable to do this without getting an error. "Violation of strict nesting of blocks" (see pic 2)

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/model/compile

need_2nd_compile_begin.png

violation_of_strict_nesting_of_blocks.png

Edited by art3mis

No an extra foreach_begin between the compile_begin3 and copypoints2, set to "fetch input" probably ;)

Edit: or to get the complete idea, watch the video in the post below, its a good one I think :)

Edited by acey195

What I do find is, if you need more and more compile begin block nodes, the gain of actually compiling the block decreases quickly,
to the point where the overhead is larger than the amount of time you save.
This of course depends on what you do in the loop. the more expensive the loop, the more useful it is to compile of course.
But if your compiled block contains exclusively attributeVops/Wrangles sometimes it is not worth compiling at all.

In your case I am pretty sure it will be worth to compile the loop, but I always like to compare the cook times afterwards using the performance monitor.