Break Glue Bond And Apply Force?

Atom

Hi All,

It has been a year since I tried to do this and I am back to a task I could never solve before. It seems quite simple. Apply an outward force to a fracture piece when a glue bond is broken.

The setup...

I have a sphere inside a cube. The sphere is subtracted from the cube. The cube is fractured and produces packed primitives. I am creating a vector force from the normals of the sphere, you can see them in purple.

breaker1.gif.981c583f9fa6ca6f43935d41b0acce75.gif

Here you can see the effect of the breaker getting close to the relationship geometry, it turns red.

breaker2.gif.d33a53e0378ef4a68c528979a60194ae.gif

So there are multiple problems in this scene that I would like to fix.

When the cube drops, the purple force does not track.

When the breaker object comes in contact with the cube, nothing happens even though I can see that the bonds are being broken inside of the SOP Solver.

How can I configure this setup so the purple force from the center of the cube cause fracture pieces to move outwards based upon the field force?

ap_break_glue_bond_force_apply.hiplc

Edited by Atom

Hi Atom,

It seems that in the AutoDopNetwork, the Scalar Values of the sopvectorfield1 are to small facing the strength of the glue_constraint.

About the purple trails that don't follow the cube when it's falling, you can place that force field directly on the ground, it will be used on collision. I applied crazy value on x so it's easy to identify. I hope it helps.

ap_break_glue_bond_force_apply_v02.hiplc

Edit: I notice that there is a "Position Data Path" on the sopvectorfield1. I guess you need a position node to catch some position datas that you'll can then input in the sopvectorfield1. So it should automatically follow the cube.

Edited by dudenay