Scad Vsfx Project - Litter Kills

cgijedi

Greetings.

I recently finished my visual effects final project for SCAD and I would like to know what the community thinks of the FX work in it. I am planning to expand on some of the effects in the future so your comments would be greatly appreciated. [please keep in mind that I am of the FX mindset; the models and environments could use feedback too but they are not the focus of my work.]

There are breakdowns of the effects and samples on the project website.

To view the project, just go to http://www.litterkills.com and select the video quality that you want to use.

I would like to thank Jon Campbell, Nick Dubois and Fred Lemaster for their help with animating the inchworm and data management. They can be emailed from the website. A big thanks goes out to the od[forum] as well. The help given to me by you guys was and is invaluable.

Thanks also goes to SideFX Software for including part of the burning space station sequence in their 2005 demo reel.

Thanks for taking a look!

-Andrew Schneider

andrew@andrewschneider.net

HAHA, oh thank you. :)

Houdini is great but there are some things that Maya set up faster for me in the limited production schedule. [things like the environments and the fluids effects] The challenge of getting the two programs to jive was also a good opportunity to try new things and develop a few new tricks to keep in the bag. Of the studios that I have investigated, it was hard to find any that used Houdini for everything.

Thanks for the post!

Have a good one.

-Andrew

ps-Nice avatar. :)