RDB driven by POP network

cdenny

Hello!

Firstly, I'm very new to Houdini (coming from Maya), so I apologize if this has been posted before; when looking for a solution I may have just not searched the correct terms.

At 49:00 in the below video, Jeff Wagner demonstrates an RBD solver that is 'driven' or on some level involves a POP network.  I want to achieve a similar effect. I currently have a shattered object (using another tutorial to create jagged voronoi).

Additionally, I'd like to scatter points along the inside point group (from shatter) to create wires, Entagma recently released a tutorial that I can probably use. Getting curves that are affected by gravity would be a perk, but it might be beyond ability trying to make them dynamic constraints to the shattered pieces, etc. If I don't do this however, I might have an issue with them clipping into the geo.  Thoughts on how to make them collide-able at least would be appreciated.

Would love anything to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Thanks! Integrated this into my setup last night, it appears the main driver for this to work is the popattract node? I had an issue with the inside and outside pieces not being treated as a whole piece, but unchecking Create Name Attribute fixed it; this appeared to be caused by a remesh node that affected the inside faces immediately after the voronoi.

Thanks!