How to copy Material Stylesheets between .hip files?

Hi,

I've setup a lot of materials with overrides and stuff for crowds in Material Stylesheets. I have several shots, so they are in separate Houdini files. Usually copying a node or other types of info between Houdini instances (for example you open 2 .hip files and copy from one to another) is great but it doesn't work with Material Stylesheets. I've added a Style Sheet Parameter and tried at least copy the Styles one by one but it doesn't work. Do I need to setup everything again in another file?! That's like an hour. Imagine having 10 shots...

Any ideas? There has to be a way ;)

Edit#1: Amazing how often you post something and 1 minute later you come up with with a possible solution ;) If anybody is interested - instead of adding a stylesheet parameter to an object you can create New Style Sheet at the top - and this one will let you view the code and save it (View JSON->Save). Then you can import than in another file. Strange you cannot do it in the Stylesheet Parameter added to an object. So it's not perfect - because once you import to the global StyleSheet you need to copy and paste inside the .hip file you're now in, to the object you want to have the stylesheet. Or as I can see you can go to the Imported Files section and reference it there. Well, there you go ;) 

Edited by loogas
  • Thanks 1