space texture following the reference geometry ?

pixolator

5 hours ago, Noobini said:

try this one ?

thank alot for your answer

But its an animated object not deforming object

and when you look closely on the dolphin tale you can see that texture still sliding on surface and not working

on the other part of the body that has not any deforming its ok but

my point is for deforming object

Edited by pixolator

24 minutes ago, lsys said:

deform_volume.hipnc hope can help you。

it seems perfect and work !

thank you alot

but still i think its not the way that the video that i posted works and in the comment he says that its so fast

but this method of converting to cloud and then vdb and then another cloud is heavy

anyway thanks alot again.

Edited by pixolator

What I understand is that they did not use fluid sim to make those cloud fx, just 3D noise texture, is that what you mean ?

So you want that a 3D texture (whose value depends on the 3D position in space of the shading point), « match » or follows the deformation of your object ? If so, I would create a rest position (attribute that stores for each point its initial position in space), and I would use this restposition as input of my call to the 3D texture so that whatever is the real position of my point in space, the 3D texture « follows » that point.

Do you think it can work ?

Edited by StepbyStepVFX

5 hours ago, pixolator said:

it seems perfect and work !

thank you alot

but still i think its not the way that the video that i posted works and in the comment he says that its so fast

but this method of converting to cloud and then vdb and then another cloud is heavy

anyway thanks alot again.NJ_volume_deform.hip

it‘s fast ! you can try this! it's too slow!

3 hours ago, StepbyStepVFX said:

What I understand is that they did not use fluid sim to make those cloud fx, just 3D noise texture, is that what you mean ?

So you want that a 3D texture (whose value depends on the 3D position in space of the shading point), « match » or follows the deformation of your object ? If so, I would create a rest position (attribute that stores for each point its initial position in space), and I would use this restposition as input of my call to the 3D texture so that whatever is the real position of my point in space, the 3D texture « follows » that point.

Do you think it can work ?

yes man

i think thats the way it will work out