$origin

Lukich

Hello. I have a problem I can't figure out - basically, I have a Lineage POP

connected to my source POP. It's set to $ORIGIN, thus giving to all tha particles born form point 0 attribute $ORIGIN=0, from 1 - $ORIGIN=1, etc. When I connected the Partition SOP to the network in order to create multiple groups based on their $ORIGIN attribute, I put in a rule pt_$ORIGIN, but it still groups all the particles into one group called pt_ORIGIN. Do you guys know what it can be? Please, advise,

thanks,

Luka

It gives me weird results: the attribute create SOP only works if I put the name "origin" into the name of the new attribute. Any other name makes it light the red flag. But then it only gives me one group pt_0, which still contains all the points in it. Do you mind looking at the file and telling me what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot!

origin.rar

It gives me weird results: the attribute create SOP only works if I put the name "origin" into the name of the new attribute.  Any other name makes it light the red flag.  But then it only gives me one group pt_0, which still contains all the points in it.  Do you mind looking at the file and telling me what I did wrong?

Thanks a lot!

21177[/snapback]

I took a quick look. It works fine in Houdini 8 but not in 7. I can't think or a workaround for H7 right now. Maybe someone has a better way of doing it?

Thanks Sho. I didn't notice the type setting here because it turns out in Houdini 8 which I was first testing in it makes no difference. Even setting it to 'string' still works! In earlier versions it has to be Integer as Sho says which makes sense. Does anyone know what has changed here?