Swimming UV Projection

Phinsta

Hi guys,

I have a problem trying to UV project a brick texture onto a wall of individual bricks which uses a mograph style effector created in using the Copy Stamp in SOPS

The texture stays fixed in UV space as the bricks rotate and obviously I want the projection to be fixed to the bricks as they rotate, I've tried doing a time shift on frame 1 with the UV project and then attribute copied back as 'uv' but thats not working :(

I suspect because they are at 0 scale on the first frame so the projection is null and void.

I have the bricks animating on controlled by the values I've put into my copy sop, they are:

$A*360 in Rotate and $A all in scale.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Phinsta

A few things you could try, all are basically 'just do whatever you need to do to get the bricks looking correct for the uv project.'

-A wrangle to set pscale back to 1 after the timeshift 

-in your main animation have your bricks in a good uv pose in a pre roll frame, timeshift to that instead. 

-pre animation get your bricks in a good texture pose, rest sop to store that in a rest attrib, then in your texture branch have a wrangle that does @P = @rest;

In the end all you're doing is copying attributes between geo, doesn't matter how you get there.