Particle Sliding Within Geometry

deecue

i have particles moving around inside some geometry but instead of bouncing off the interior walls i would rather have a subtle sliding behavior.. problem is, they *all* just go right through the geometry no matter what i try to do. i've tried triangulating the geometry and setting the collision hint to deform, i've increased the collision tolerance, i've upped the oversampling for the whole popnet.. on top of that, every other collision behavior seems to work fine except for sliding. plus, as soon as i move the geometry to outside of the particles, they slide right off the exterior just as expected.

i made a very simple example file showing this. the switch sop will switch in between the different collision geometry. also dive in to the popnet to switch it from sliding to other behaviours and notice how they are fine.

slide_inside.zip

i know the question of 'why are some of my particle going through my collision geometry' comes up quite a bit, but i think this is something different unless i'm completely missing something.. maybe sliding wasn't meant for this type of application (interiors) but i don't see why not. the only other thought i have is that sliding got improved in H8 as this was done in H7..