sanostol

$JOB dependent hdas and python modules

Hello,

as python libs stored that way work fine (like all the other stuff , otls, presets,  scripts):

$HSITE/houdiniX.Y/python2.7libs 

I was wondering how to do this $JOB related

the goal is to have assets and otls available per project. As old school mentions in this post, it should be possible by adding houdini directory into the job folder.

$JOB/houdini/python2.7libs 

but libs and otls are not recognized.

the other way would be to setup all search paths manually in a startup script, if there is a $JOB way to do it it would be much cooler

thanks in advance

no, I think You misunderstood me. No caching, just about $JOB and how to use it like $HSITE

Posted (edited)

I prefer to have HOUDINI_PATH set in houdini.env:

HOUDINI_PATH = C:/path/to/houdini/stuff;&

where "C:/path/to/houdini/stuff" is a folder containing "python2.7libs", "otls", "toolbar", etc.

For the $JOB way, how about "$JOB/python2.7libs"-like structure?

Setting only $JOB semi-works for me. It did pick otls and Python libs, but didn't load shelf scripts from "$JOB/toolbar". Even if something is broken on my side, and it should act as a proper $HOUDINI_PATH, what if $JOB is set by the project and stored within a hip file? All stuff will be missing.

I "use" $JOB by setting start location on Houdini's shortcut, only to have save file dialog defaulted to my dumpster. Houdini treats it like setting $JOB on Windows.

Edited by f1480187

Posted (edited)

$JOB/hda, $JOB/scripts wont work for you?

EDIT: scratch that.. otls are not recognized..

Edited by sekow

Posted (edited)

I dont why I assumed that an hda or scripts folder inside $JOB would be recognized automatically, but I fear that one has to take care for those folders to show up in scanned asset libs.. 

Edited by sekow

thanks   alot, jsut had time to check the HOUDINI_PATH way, and it works great, I just add it in my project based startscript and everything seeems to work fine.