Multimedia presentation

Stremik

I'm about to start working on an interactive presentation of a business for my client. It's going to be done in Director and distributed on mini CDs.

I'm very excited about this job but it's a completely new challange for me.

I've never done anything like that before and I have no idea where to start and how to proceed.

Knowing that many people here work in animation studios etc. I assumed that it would be a good plase to ask for directions :)

Now. I understand that it wouldn't be possible for someone to cover such a broad topic here, on the forum, so I was wandering if anyone could point me to some material on the web where I could learn about creating these multimedia presentations.

Thank you in advance!

I don't have any links for you...just a few tips:

1) storyboard the whole thing....everything...really!

what you're doing is a combination of an animation and a web page, just because it's interactive (and maybe because is it) doesn't mean you can't know where people will go/what they will be looking at any one time...so what you will have is a series of storyboards that branch off here and there....

2) function before form.

make sure it works before you make it pretty. Once it's running and useable it will be MUCH easier to create the content.

check out some of the forums for Director (and Flash) there are some good folks around and you may even find tutorials and even some templates to get you started...

hope this helps a little :)

good luck