Create Group For Each Point

Hello!

Two things! 

1) What is the fastest way to create a separate group per point, while having control over the group name?    

I have a simple curve I've built, and would like to store each point in its own group.  

My thought is to create a for loop in a point wrangle, and then generate a group per each loop. 

I know how to build loops, but I dont how to builds groups with incrementing names within a loop :wacko:---as....strings......

Naming conventions could be something like 

for ptnum 0  - Point0_Group,

for ptnum 1  - Point1_Group,

for ptnum 2  - Point2_Group.  

etc etc

2) ! I then would like to convert these groups to Edge Groups down stream, if possible, after making instances of the curve, and sweeping along its length.   (See file--itll make more sense)

The file is really straightforward, and shows the two things Id like to have in note form. The pic should help as well 

Many thanks

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 10.58.11 AM.png

Group_per_Point_Upl.hipnc

If you want to group per point you can use a partition Sop, before the copy sop

myGrp_`@ptnum`

Not sure why you need that group then if you want bevel those edges? you can use the bevel SOP and check "ignore flat edges" if you do not want to bevel those parts. 
if you want to keep the grp after the copy sop, use the group copy.

54 minutes ago, Sepu said:

If you want to group per point you can use a partition Sop, before the copy sop

myGrp_`@ptnum`

Not sure why you need that group then if you want bevel those edges? you can use the bevel SOP and check "ignore flat edges" if you do not want to bevel those parts. 
if you want to keep the grp after the copy sop, use the group copy.

Thanks Sepu.  I  used the partition after the copy sop, converted this to a ppoint group, then skinned the object, and then converted these points to edges prior to beveling.  The reason I wanted individual edges groups was so that I could create costume bevels per each edge- and not have the system break if I change the number of points on the line I was copying to.  Ive attached the file.  One more question though.  

If I convert a group from Prims to Edges, is there a way to rename the new groups?  

So Prim0 becomes Edge0,

Prim1 becomes Edge1,

Prim2 becomes Edge2,

etc,etc?  

Group_per_Point_Upl2.hipnc

Screen Shot 2018-01-31 at 12.44.14 PM.png