Cant Find "Missing Point"?!

Gilly123

I've been working on trying to simplify how I can make tear drop shapes (bombs, fuselages, etc).

So I got most of it figured, until I stumbled on losing a point during the copy sop.

Im always missing the last point from my ramp. Any help would be appreciated.

I find myself fighting my brain over "value" and "pos" till the cows come home. HAA.

TIA  Bill

odforceExport.hipnc

pure stab in the dark but should your old_point

fit01(ch("../ramps1/rampa" + (@ptnum) + "pos" ), 0, 1)

be

fit01(ch("../ramps1/rampa" + (@ptnum+1) + "pos" ), 0, 1) ?

(if yes then probably same applies to copy2)

Edited by Noobini

no. I started off with that, and when I noticed losing a point, I started removing text from the expression in the Z channel of the old point.

edit. I wasnt 100% if something was or wasnt happening with the expression on the line.

ch("../ramps1/rampa")

Edited by Gilly123

first I just stabbed in the dark but now I'm certain, according to this...if you select the 1st point, @ptnum=0, the param name is clearly rampa1pos.

So it must be fit01(ch("../ramps1/rampa" + (@ptnum+1) + "pos" ), 0, 1)

(plus Point No. is 1..so it starts at 1, not 0)

Then I applied same logic to the copy2, where you have the same thing in 3 axis, so I chucked it in the uniform scale instead.

Uniform Scale: ch("../ramps1/rampa" + (@ptnum+1) + "value") (and set the x/y/z scale all to 1)

So I'm not sure what you refer to as missing ?

(I guess the easiest way to verify this is in skin, turn off V Wrap, then scale up the 2 end points in rampa so that they're not 0...then you clearly see all points are there)

param_name.jpg

Edited by Noobini

You are correct. It was not really a missing point after looking it over. What was happening is that when you use nurbs instead of poly in the skin node, the last point would be forced to "connect" to the first point to complete the nurbs curve. In wire frame mode it is plain to see if you toggle between the two (poly&nurbs). I was trying to stay away from poly until last to keep things tight and clean.

Amy idea why nurbs does this?