Camera Track, With Cg Composite Elements

vrljc

Hi All-

I have been working on a camera track with some composited CG elements in it. I have been using Houdini for texturing, surface rendering, and some mattes. Maya has been used for lighting and rendering shadows. I used Matchmover for the tracking.

I am at a point where I need some fresh eyes to give me some feedback. What do you think?

Latest Version

Origininal with wireframe

-jon

It looks great. The hose seems to swim a tiny bit on a couple frames but I think that might just be an illusion from the aliasing of the video in whatever codec itis you are using. Excellent work. Would you like to ellaborate bit on how you put this together? Was it DV footage? Progressive scan? Did you take any measurements or just eyeball it? Could you maybe post a full res uncompressed frame so we can get a good look at your hose :o

Would you like to ellaborate  bit on how you put this together? Was it DV footage? Progressive scan? Did you take any measurements or just eyeball it? Could you maybe post a full res uncompressed frame so we can get a good look at your hose  :o

21821[/snapback]

Sure. I shot this with a glide cam rig and DVX100 to keep things steady and used Realviz Matchmover to camera track the shot. I did take a ton of exact measurements of the stairs but realized that after tracking that they werent needed (matchmover did a good job). I exported the image sequence out with or without interlacing; cant remember which, just used the one type that combines both fields to eliminate the jagged look.

The hose was modeled and VEX shaded in Houdini, but exported over to Maya for lighting and rendering out the shadow map. Then the lights were sent over to Houdini for the surface rendering. The pot was modeled, mostly textured, lit and rendered in Maya. However, I couldnt get a good dirty noise texture on the pot in Maya, so I sent the Pot over to Houdini where I was easily able to apply and render a dirty texture using VEX.

The entire thing was composited using Shake. Because the footage was not very sharp, I used a couple Pixelization nodes to unsharpen the crisp houdini and maya renders.

Here is an uncompressed frame (kinda big):

comped.jpg

And the original:

original.jpg

Next step I want to add in some water coming out of the hose.

-jon