Dynamically add rigid bodies to flip sim

MAYA_

Hello there :)

I am working on a flip/ rigid body setup where I basically have some packed objects gradually being added to the simulation. They are simulated in another DOP and cached out and I need to drop them into the fluid DOP at one point (they leave one simulation and enter the other), which means the amount of rigid bodies in DOP 2 will have to update at simulation time (the first frame there is none, then they pop up one after another). I have a SOP solver and I thought I could just merge and update the geometry in there, which works when it comes to the rigid bodies, but somehow they loose interaction with the flip? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this the right way?

Thank you!

I have kind of solved this problem and I am now just loading in all the objects from frame 1 and changing their active attribute as the simulation goes along. To do this I need a SOP solver inside my DOP but I am not sure how to wire the rigid body solver, the flip solver and the SOP solver together? I need the SOP solver to only affect the rigid body object. I tried using a multisolver but all combinations I tried seem to be not working and give me funky results with the flip. Does anyone know how to do that the right way?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out I think. I am using a multisolver for rigid body solver and sop solver and then I am merging that with the flip solver. I am not sure why this was not working previously, I might have had the wrong relationship in my merge node or something :)

Edited by SquirkyTurtle

• 5 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 12:34 PM, SquirkyTurtle said:

I have kind of solved this problem and I am now just loading in all the objects from frame 1 and changing their active attribute as the simulation goes along. To do this I need a SOP solver inside my DOP but I am not sure how to wire the rigid body solver, the flip solver and the SOP solver together? I need the SOP solver to only affect the rigid body object. I tried using a multisolver but all combinations I tried seem to be not working and give me funky results with the flip. Does anyone know how to do that the right way?

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out I think. I am using a multisolver for rigid body solver and sop solver and then I am merging that with the flip solver. I am not sure why this was not working previously, I might have had the wrong relationship in my merge node or something :)

Hey Turtle, 

Do you mind sharing a file?!

all the best!