[SOLVED] Cycle animation every time its copied

younglegend

Hello ppl!

I have a simple animated box (y scaled) copied to points that are accumulating over time using a solver. I want to cycle the animation every time the box gets copied to each points with random y scale on each copy.I know i have to use a Foreach and copystamp but the workflow is confusing me. Lil help please! Have attached the sample file.

initialize_anim_H16.hip

Edited by younglegend
solved

You had all the pieces, just needed the glue to get it together :)

I used your ID attribute that you generated to control the isolation of the points on a specific frame number. This ID effectively acts as a generation frame, so current frame minus this gives you an animation frame that starts each time a point is generated. All of this is controlled through copy stamping, no additional For Each is needed. I also provided a solution in the file for additional randomized Y scale.

initialize_anim_H16_v2.hip

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, coltonmil said:

You had all the pieces, just needed the glue to get it together :)

I used your ID attribute that you generated to control the isolation of the points on a specific frame number. This ID effectively acts as a generation frame, so current frame minus this gives you an animation frame that starts each time a point is generated. All of this is controlled through copy stamping, no additional For Each is needed. I also provided a solution in the file for additional randomized Y scale.

initialize_anim_H16_v2.hip

Aah...! Thanks for the glue ^_^  Including random scale in Copy stamp seems to add additional y scale abruptly. Should find a work around for that... :huh:

My mistake! I always forget that expressions key with bezier() anim as well, but my method was flawed from the beginning as I was doing + as opposed to * anyways.

If you go to both keyframes of your rising anim and change the + to a *, and copy the value from frame 24 to 1, it should fix this problem.

18 hours ago, coltonmil said:

My mistake! I always forget that expressions key with bezier() anim as well, but my method was flawed from the beginning as I was doing + as opposed to * anyways.

If you go to both keyframes of your rising anim and change the + to a *, and copy the value from frame 24 to 1, it should fix this problem.

Yup! that fixed it. Thanks again.