Check and display values for changed variable fields

xenas

Is there any way that I can get all the changed values/ variable fields based on the 'level' of the node(s) that I have selected?

Eg. I have the following hierarchy

Geo
|-- Scatter
|-- PopNet
|--|-- PopForce

# I know that there are a lot of other nodes created when using PopNet, but say if those are in the default values range and the changes I have made is in PopForce...

Suppose if I select "Geo", and as I run this script, it will only show me the changes made in "Scatter and "PopNet". If I select "PopNet", it will then show me the changes of it children..

While I am able to script, getting the children/ sub-children, I need some hints on how to check and get the changed field before (default value)/ after.. Is this possible?

Greatly appreciate for any advice!

You might want to see if you can fetch the default value. All parameters have default values. If the current value does not match then that parameter has been changed. Also check if a parameter has any animation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 11:56 AM, Atom said:

You might want to see if you can fetch the default value. All parameters have default values. If the current value does not match then that parameter has been changed. Also check if a parameter has any animation.

Sorry for the late reply. Any chance if you know whether there has been a flag in the python documentation that gathers the default value?