Stuck With Opaque Deep Shadows

Hey folks!

Question: are there any special requirements in your shader to get translucent deep shadow maps working? I have a dead-simple vopnet here, lighting model in Cf, just a grey color for Of, and equivalent float for Af. It's not working. I have no prior experience with deep shadow maps so no clue if I'm doing something wrong...

This is build 404 btw.

Cheers!

Argh ok... turns out the help for the light object includes an example for deep shadow maps, and there I found the answer. I had to save the map to .rat format for it to work properly. :D

I haven't tried any more complex shaders but i expect everything will work ok now.

Argh ok... turns out the help for the light object includes an example for deep shadow maps, and there I found the answer. I had to save the map to .rat format for it to work properly.  :D

22720[/snapback]

Ah, that is true. I've fallen afoul of the assumption that .pic will work with deep rasters. Perhaps a printed warning from Mantra could be a good way to help avoid repeats of this mistake?