I3d Question

brandonY

• 2 weeks later...
haven't tried this, but i'm sure you could do it with stamping in the copy sop.. i'm assuming you're attaching meta's to your particle system, so just carry the v attrib in your rules of stamps in your copy sop..

24726[/snapback]

Actually, no stamping should be required. You can elongate your metaballs along the z-axis, I think and have rotate to normals on in your copy sop. That should do it alone.

Actually, no stamping should be required.  You can elongate your metaballs along the z-axis, I think and have rotate to normals on in your copy sop.  That should do it alone.

25197[/snapback]

yeah the stamping only gives you variations of the movement,

foligatto, thanks a ton i think this will do it! and i am sure that some tweaking with the i3d shading as well.

Actually, no stamping should be required. You can elongate your metaballs along the z-axis, I think and have rotate to normals on in your copy sop. That should do it alone.

this is true if you want your meta's to have a static length/stretch.. but if you were wanting them to stretch based on the velocity of the particle (which i thought brandon was originally wanting which turns out to be not true), then you would need to bring in that attribute to get that change in animation..

this is true if you want your meta's to have a static length/stretch.. but if you were wanting them to stretch based on the velocity of the particle (which i thought brandon was originally wanting which turns out to be not true), then you would need to bring in that attribute to get that change in animation..

25226[/snapback]

cool thanks dave! and yes it works thanks for all your help guys!

and dave the stamping will work, i just didn't do it right. thanks again! 2 differents ways to do it :)