Weird clipping (?)

MG

Today I tried to open this model that I made in LightWave once. It loaded, like it normally does and should... But then I saw that the model was full of holes!

At first, I thought it was because of flipped faces, but that wasn't it. After that I discovered, when I selected the whole model, it DID show up right (also in the renders).

What could be the problem? and how could I possibly fix this? I've attached a screenshots, so that you can see what I mean:

You might try a divide SOP and tell it to limit faces to 3 or 4 points. I've encountered a problem with houdini in the past when importing geometry from a different piece of software where it has problems with polygons that have more than 3 or 4 points and/or are non-planar.

Better yet, change the geometry at the other end so that the incoming geometry is made up entirely of triangles.

stu

I have tried it out, but it didn't work out right.

Though, I am not giving up yet. I think I know how I can solve this, but I don't know how (as usually). Well, does anyone know how to make something (being shade!) "doublesided"? Is there a SOP for it or so?

In regards to making something double sided, each object has a "Backface Removal" button at the object level under the Shading tab - make sure it's not clicked and the surfaces will be double sided.

stu

In regards to making something double sided, each object has a "Backface Removal" button at the object level under the Shading tab - make sure it's not clicked and the surfaces will be double sided.

stu

I already tried that, but didn't make any difference.

just guessing here... have you tried fiddling with the near/far clipping plane values  in the display options?

Fiddling? Heh, what kind of "professional" attitude is that!?

Why does it have to be "professional"? If you insist, replace "fiddling" with "enlarging" ... eg. make the near clipping plane smaller (in orders of magnitude like dividing by 10).