FLIP - sourcing from points

JJ FX

Hi,

I used shelf tool FLIP fluid from object. Then in sops I chaged mu source to just some points generated by popnet, removed all attribs from source. Then I just in FLIP object changed the input to particle field.

And everything is nice and dandy, except when I go highes. I noticed that when I add more resolution (add particles, so decrease particle separation) my particles start do dissappear.

Every couple of frames all particles are beeing removed. I thought that its because I use popnet as a source, but actually I removed all attribs.

So I guess FLIP does not like to be sourced like that. The way I "fixed" it is more particles for source (like 1000x more!). Which is not an actual fix, because will be super slow when I really go super heavy highres.

So how do I properly setup to source FLIP from points? But not using fluidsource

by default the reseeding expects 8 particles per voxels, the 0.5 and 1.5 values are thresholds.
if there are less than 4 particles per voxel (8 * 0.5) new particles are created.
if there are more than 12 (8 * 1.5), some get deleted.
so you can turn off the reseeding...

here is a simple example, with lowres flip, more resolution in the source only, and a fix by turning off reseeding:

flip_source_pop_bunker.hipnc

Edited by bunker
  • Like 3