Im Sure This Is Very Easy, But...

Hi there,

Stuck as usual. I want to create a font with a percentage number that increments after a certain number of frames. I tried using an if construct in the text field but it didn't work nor could I get an expression to work. Is this possible or not? This is Houdini so it's almost definitely me screwing up. Any help would un befuddle my brain. TIA

Ziggx

hey there

do u run ur expression in `$F`

and not just $F ?

u need to run expressions in ` ` to execute them

that wont give u a percentage, but it will print the frame using the font sop.

hope this helps

aracid

For string values to be returned, please use the ifs() expression instead of if().

Hope this helps,

Jason

26227[/snapback]

I'm not getting this. I try to put this into the text field:

ifs($F<10,42,$F)

And it spits out the literal expression -- I have tried putting in backtick tick around various parts of the expression, but I don't get it to work. Soz -- it's late and I'm being very dense. Help!

Ziggx

like this:

`if($F&lt;10,42,$F)`

if you want a percentage sign before hand, just put % in before the first tick.. the ticks are for evaluating the expression because without them, the font sop will just spit out what you've typed in there.. ifs() shouldn't be necessary here unless you actually plan on using a string inside the if statement such as:

`ifs($F&lt;10,42,padzero(4,$F))`

hth,

dq

like this:

`if($F&lt;10,42,$F)`

if you want a percentage sign before hand, just put % in before the first tick.. the ticks are for evaluating the expression because without them, the font sop will just spit out what you've typed in there.. ifs() shouldn't be necessary here unless you actually plan on using a string inside the if statement such as:

`ifs($F&lt;10,42,padzero(4,$F))`

hth,

dq

26229[/snapback]

Thanks everybody -- great list, great people.

Ziggx