Missing primitives from find shortest path?

Has anyone ever had a problem with primitives missing from using the findshortestpath node?

This is the strange behavior I am observing.  In the viewport the geometry seems to be present but this lack of primitives I have reason to believe is causing problems for the distribution of my scatter node that I am running on this afterwards....

image.png.0eb60835ceb7fc1db13cc7aa487af75c.png

Anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Or ways to repair this?

This is what happens when I try and scatter onto this geometry (Default settings, relax iterations on 10).

image.png.6d880bc3599d4dcb46fa02ff80e30d14.png

This is being created from some very normal looking, repaired and remeshed geometry to me:

image.png.22d21da79959ed0b796b99aae46a9653.png

I would link a Houdini file, but I'm not sure how to embed my geometry into the file...

Sam

Edited by sdlovecraft

I assume that you mind, that in the upper region, there are more points scattered. That is because of the "coincident" shortest paths (primitives) being in the exact same position. I don't know the algorithm of Relaxation of Scatter SOP node, but it seems that it doesn't take into account coincident positions on different primitives.

I tried to remove coincident primitives. I followed the link by tamte ("Anim" here on odforce) and added Convertline SOP, Fuse SOP, PolyDoctor SOP and I attach a proposal of solution.
https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/54451/?page=1#post-244403

5b2c168361ec7_removecoincident.thumb.PNG.5abc2425a874eef36dbee863ea0bda3b.PNG

missing_prims_pathfinder - v1.hiplc

not sure if I understood the problem but just some observations:

01) you're using the old group ? dunno why.

02) in your end selection...it has 1 of 5...is this deliberate ? if you have 1 of 1 then it selects all points...and you'll get the 'missing' ones you're talking about ?

• 2 months later...