ramirezrubio92

Trying to export whitewater to Unity Editor (alembic)

Hi there!

I am trying to use my flip fluids sim in unity, so I export it as alembic; everything works fine, except for the whitewater. I supposed that is because it is points and not geometry, any clue about how could I use my whitewater in Unity?

Thank you all

You should really use the Vertex Animation exporter with a soft body export. Alembic will not be file size optimized at run time. 

Points are not rendered in Unity by default. You would need to make your own custom render option to do it. There are some tutorials for that.

However, using the vertex animation tool set to sprite mode for the particles would be a better option too. More optimized and efficient.

2 hours ago, LaidlawFX said:

You should really use the Vertex Animation exporter with a soft body export. Alembic will not be file size optimized at run time. 

Points are not rendered in Unity by default. You would need to make your own custom render option to do it. There are some tutorials for that.

However, using the vertex animation tool set to sprite mode for the particles would be a better option too. More optimized and efficient.

I'll investigate about that, thank you

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.