RBD build-up effect

Hi all.

I have a task which basically consists of building up a model from pieces lying as a junk pile.

Imagine a car split into pieces on the ground, and pieces then starts flying up to their final position, gradually building up the model. But with the pieces interacting.

So I have the model, and split it out on a ground plane, next step I imagine a particle setup.

But does anyone have a ressource for such setup or any tips? Unfortunately I cannot share the model.

Thank you very much in advance! :-)

So it's already split into pieces. And I have to point jitter and explode view it to get it messed around. Then I sim it falling down, lying in a pile. And then I want it to sim it back up to the original model.

After you have done your simulation.  Bring the data to SOP level using a DOP Import.  Then use a timewarp node to reverse the cache.  Input the range of the sim in the input range parameter and input the reverse in the output range parameter.  It will then play in backward.