Modify a node's locked geometry by Python

Hey there !

The situation is that I have a Python code (in a HDA, but in the test a simple python sop will do the trick) in which I tried to modify a certain geometry's attribute.
The thing is - I can't have that geometry connected to the python sop (since the final result would be to integrate it all in an HDA).

So ! I know we get a "GeometryPermissionError: Geometry is read-only." error when trying to do so with the Python node not connected to the geometry.

But ! It is possible to manually modify a node's geometry attributes by locking the node (setHardLocked in python), and manually inputting the values we want in the geometry spreadsheet.

The question is - can we do the same in Python ?
Can we lock the geometry, and then "auto-manually" change the attributes in Python on that specific locked node ?

Thanks !

The Stash SOP should help you?

Quote:

You can modify or overwrite the cached geometry with hou.Geometry objects through scripting.
You can link the geometry parameter to a parameter on a parent asset. This allows assets to inject geometry into a network without making the contents editable.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/stash.html