affecting shape of water with velocity field(SOLVED)

Bernhard

Hi all, I am trying to make a whirlpool effect and i am doing it by creating a circle and then copying it into itself creating a for each loop where every smaller circle rotates faster than the previous then copying it downwards and tapering it to make the typical "hole" that is formed. I previously made a mistake where i copied the volume created from the effect and put it as the source of the water and got it working but the surface water was stationary, now that i have the surface moving but when I let the effect run it only "spins" the top layer of the water and doesn't go any deeper into the water , any tips? or any help would be appreciated.

Whirlpool13.hipnc

You are using a Narrow Band simulation, only simulating the top slice of the container. This is a great solution if you are only interested in whatever happens close to the surface. In your case, just go into the DOPnet, check the FLIPObject and change Initial Data > Input Type from Narrow Band to Particle Field. I tested it with your file and it worked for me.

Whirlpool13_t01_v001.hipnc

• Like 2

• Bernhard changed the title to affecting shape of water with velocity field(SOLVED)