Can't select points in DOPnet

bentway23

I have a question that is so dumb that I can't find an answer in Google.

I'm working with FEM objects. I need to select points in the DOPnet to make constraints. I can't select points, just objects. Thus: can't do pinning and stick things to things.

I've done this a million times on my home computer, but I'm using a different one now (with H17 installed mere days ago), so I'm sure it's some big obvious setting.

Thanks and duh.

Hi Mark,

Sure.... You just have to hit the TAB key in the network view and the TAB menu pops up and you press the node that you want to use and then hook them up.

The self does this for you. 

In the early version of HOUDINI  there where no shelf so you had to learn it this way.

So what happens now. you don´t know what to do next.

So you are in some Twilight Zone. 

Mangic

Houdini 800wi.png

Edited by mangi

Hi Mark,

Sure... In The Network View. I if you Hit the TAB Key Tab Menu will Pop Up.

You just net to place the Nodes you want to use and then Hook them UP.

The Earlier version of Houdini Did not have and shelf Tools. 

You had to do it like That.

http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/basics/intro.html 

Read this stuff . it will help you understand the concepts....

I know you can create nodes that way--that's the way I usually do it, which is why I wasn't getting the "select this" options that appear when you create it from the shelf. If you create a constraint node that way, how do you nudge it so it then lets you choose what is affected, the way bringing it in from the shelf does? Or is that just why god made shelves?

Alrighty, so I guess I need a touch of remedial help here. When I click the backtick, it says "restart selecting," but I can't actually select anything. No matter what I click on, nothing happens. (Also, it's not saying the "select solid object" thing it usually says--perhaps I have to tell it that I'm working on the "constrained object" field first?)