Sign in to follow this  
bentway23

pointVop falloff object only working on part of geo

Hello--

I've been working with using distance falloff from reference objects to control various attributes (mainly FEM stiffnesses). I had been using straight 0 - 1 Fits in a pointVop, but wanting more control, I've added a ramp to my setup. My way-simple test setup isn't working, though (attached)--theoretically it's measuring distance from a sphere to the recolored grid, but now my radial black-to-white falloff is not reading any translation in my reference sphere, either through scale or translation--EXCEPT on one tiny little strip of the grid, where it looks like it's repeating and not quite working, but at least some colors change when I move the reference object.

You can see on the screenshot attached, too--it looks like the falloff is working, but moving the sphere doesn't move the gradient--and the upper right edge shows the spots where it IS updating, just weirdly.

My main, big project has done this a tiny bit--by and large the falloff has worked, but there have been some stray vertices that just won't behave.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!

falloff_issue.hip

Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 11.29.02 AM.png

seems like you have to give the importpointattrib a constant value for ptnum. Change your sphere to Primitive and set the constant VOP to 0