Sticky Arnold Triplanar Texture

chromaKiki

Hey guys and gals.

Im playing with something in Arnold for Houdini. I created a cube and shattered it in quick falling down sim. Created rest position before assemble and simulation. After sim I do unpack (all attributes preserved) attach shader (just standard with checkerboard) to see how triplanar shader works with animated geometry.

It works as expected for the first part. Renders trough all the pieces all nice. But obviously when pieces start moving (falling) they slide trough triplanar projection. Now, there is this coord space option that says Pref and according to the docs is a vertex in reference pose, great I was thinking that is it. But still pieces slide trough triplanar texture.

I tried copying and renaming rest attribute (created after voronoi on first frame) from points to primitives and even renaming to pref...but it’s not working.

Was anyone able to create sticky triplanar texture in htoa?

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by chromaKiki
Typos

Somehow I overlooked a simple typo....well here is a solution if anyone gets stuck on it as well.

After rest sop add attribute copy and connect both inputs to rest then in under attribute to copy menu select Other attribute.

in the field below type rest

Click flag New name and type Prefs (capital P is important!)

and that’s it in the triplanar shader switch coord space to Pref. All working :)

2112F2F7-6CC2-4E4F-9266-6EB6744B5D4B.jpeg