Visualise DOP forces

Alain2131

Hello !

Is there a way to visualize the forces in a DOP simulation, much like this, but for wires ? I have a Wind Force (not the pop one), and there is no option to visualize it out of the box.

There might be a way to grab the force field information at any location (locations would be a grid of points built specifically for that) and pass it down onto the points to visualize the force on the Normals or smth, but I don't know how to.
Something like grabbing the result of all the forces at a location, or only a specific force, either one would be wonderful.

Thanks !

Hey Atom,
thanks for the answer !

This is great !
I've been able to produce the velocity field, but had not much success bringing it into DOPs. Obviously the volume source wouldn't help with wires/rigids (still tried it), but the SOP Vector Field seems about right.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to actually apply the force. I did manage to visualize a green opaque cube the following image where the force should be with the Vector Field Visualization node, so I know it reads something, but no luck actually having the wire react.

image.png.b99d0835f3d9a0d8f5858a3bec891756.png

The visualizer works perfectly, even with an animated noise field.

How to bring the custom field in DOPs ?
Thanks !

EDIT :
Forgot to mention that the SOP Vector Field has that warning
"
Warning 
wireobject1 - /obj/geo1/dopnet1/sopvectorfield1: This data is attached to an unexpected parent data. 
"

Edited by Alain2131