Help me with Hard constraint problem

hi_dini

Hello :D

I just followed tutorial about Bendint Metal using hard constraint. (www.youtube.com/watch?v=38RhntxXcMI)

and had some problems with setup hard constraint and need your help TT

image.png.30951cb6ff6885130d9ab1930f90e9e4.png

In my scene, I setup my hard constraint like left screenshot(red lines).

and just like the tutorial, write vex codes for make hard constraint where middle of each constraints.

image.png.e92d015ca6ede172320eb63e72dc6e4a.png

This is guide geometry of constraints in dopnet.

Left side is the tutorirals constraint one and right is mine.

Modeling is different(I create my modeling my own), but I don't think It makes those difference in constraint.

I set up Rest length option same with tutorial but what are those additional constraint points ??

image.png.e38de065ddbe70855e8493cc9212f079.png

I think those points causes difference with the tutorial so I need some helps to get rid of them.

How can I get rid off them ?

Sorry for my English TT

I think that's just the visualization of connections to the piece's center of mass

he may have them off in the tutorial

you can find the option on your Constraint Network DOP (or alternatively also on each constraint relationship node like Hard Constraint DOP)

it' in the tab Guide Options/Show Object Link

EDIT: just checked and he seems to have them on

in that case it's simply because bars in your geo are probably joined together so that multiple bars of different angles are part of the same piece, which would shift the center of mass outside of the volume of the object

while he may have each bar as independent piece before fracturing, so in the end just simple fractured bars, which are almost convex tubes and therefore each has center of mass more or less inside of the volume so that you don't see those object liks

Edited by anim

6 minutes ago, anim said:

I think that's just the visualization of connections to the piece's center of mass

he may have them off in the tutorial

you can find the option on your Constraint Network DOP (or alternatively also on each constraint relationship node like Hard Constraint DOP)

it' in the tab Guide Options/Show Object Link

Thanks for reply, I checked the option you mentioned.

but His options is turned on and mine is also :( ..

and I checked my scene at Houdini 16 version, and It shows me a same result (still has difference with the tutorial).

I think I just missed something hmm :D