Why doesn't Transform node have scale handles

numan

8 hours ago, symek said:

Shortcuts for handles:

T - transform 

R - rotate

E - Scale

Y - circle over all of above

I am aware of that but this is not what I am asking. I am asking why the Transform node as UI handles for translate and rotate parameters but not for scale parameter.

7 hours ago, mangi said:

Hey .....

just incase you can´t remember those Hot Keys "Szymon" Says....

Cheers

Mangi

Scale Handle.jpg

That is not what I am asking at all.

Let me rephrase so there is no confusion:

1) Transform node has (among others) 3 parameters/channels: Translate, Rotate and Scale

2) The corresponding handle for the transform node (Enter - show handles) has manipulators for translate and rotating but not for scaling. This raises the obvious question why there is no scale manipulator for this node.

Edited by numan

On 2/18/2019 at 5:30 AM, davpe said:

there is a scale manipulator. you just have to press E key. that's the way it is. don't ask me why.

Another thing I found weird is that hitting E when you are not in transform node creates an Edit node.

As a new user this is confusing. I am sure I will get used to it but it seems quirky and inconsistent.

well yeah, it creates Edit node because by hitting E you telling it you wanna edit the geometry on per-point basis. edit node is where your direct modeling actions are stored. but if you've got a Transform node selected, it assumes you want to use that transform rather than to manipulate points (which makes sense i guess).

once you get used to it everything will start making a perfect sense :) when i was starting out i thought i will go to some other app for modeling things, but now I actually much prefer houdini way as it offers some hugely efficient workflows (not for modeling characters and that kind of things thou)