Problems with the active attribute

Currently having problems with a vortex sim where pieces of the ground are ripped from the ground by setting the active attribute to 0 and using bounding box groups have pieces active attribute be turned to 1 and the vortex force drag them around a point.

However I'm having a problem where some of the pieces suddenly have their active attribute turn back to 0 while in the air making them stop mid air. Just wondering if their is a way of having the active attribute always stay as 1 if it becomes part of the group.

ActiveTest.hipnc

AttackerHands2.abc

Edited by PortalPyro98

Looked at your file but don't have too much time, your bounding boxes are what sets your active attribute. As soon as your geometry leaves the bounding box, active will be 0. I would suggest using a solver to check if the attribute has ever been turned on.Grab the previous frame, if it was 1 then it is still 1, if it's 0 then it's still 0. That way whatever leaves your bounding box, will retain it's active attribute. Check Matt Estat's cgiwiki for information about the solver sop. http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=The_solver_sop

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MitchFields said:

Looked at your file but don't have too much time, your bounding boxes are what sets your active attribute. As soon as your geometry leaves the bounding box, active will be 0. I would suggest using a solver to check if the attribute has ever been turned on.Grab the previous frame, if it was 1 then it is still 1, if it's 0 then it's still 0. That way whatever leaves your bounding box, will retain it's active attribute. Check Matt Estat's cgiwiki for information about the solver sop. http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=The_solver_sop

Thanks for the advice i got it to work using this If expression if anyone has similar issues.

SetActivetoStay1.PNG

• 2 weeks later...