an2050

How to debug a render time in Arnold?

Hi everybody! Share your methods of debugging a render time in houdini, how it can be registered for each frame. Perhaps there is a way to display the render time over the frame, for subsequent comparison? Thanks!

there is a Render Time aov that can be added to your image planes, as well as other debug aovs that show number of samples cast etc.

19 minutes ago, davpe said:

there is a Render Time aov that can be added to your image planes, as well as other debug aovs that show number of samples cast etc.

Thank you for fast reply!
"Render Time" aov.  Where can i find it?

Capture.JPG

Edited by an2050

looking at the list it's the cpu time. must have had confused names with Mantra

14 minutes ago, davpe said:

looking at the list it's the cpu time. must have had confused names with Mantra

Unfortunately, this is not what I would like at this point. I cannot find anywhere else how to get the render time in seconds.

yeah that's what Mantra gives you - render time per bucket in seconds. slightly more convenient. in seconds you can only see total render time - printed as verbose in terminal/console.

21 minutes ago, davpe said:

yeah that's what Mantra gives you - render time per bucket in seconds. slightly more convenient. in seconds you can only see total render time - printed as verbose in terminal/console.

I work on Windows and the total render time is not displayed in the log. But ideally, I would like to get time as in Mantra.

Capture2.JPG