rendering uv texture in redshift

Guest elkhash

Guest elkhash

hello :)

i want to be able to render the UV texture that houdini generates when you add a uv texture node, then UV quick shade. that UV renders out in mantra but doesnt in redshift. Whats the solution? I want to be able to apply this only to one object.

i posted on the redshift forums and was told that I need to use custom AOVS (https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/24023/) but i still dont understand how to use the UVW map from the object, into something that can be used in the AOV. 

I attached a file of a random object that im trying to apply this to, if anyone could help me out or explain the process to me that would be really great.

rendering_uvw_inredshift.hipnc

uvquickshade.JPG

Edited by elkhash

You want the picture that the UV quick shade produce to render in RS? if that is the case, save the img as .jpg because .pic will not render properly from  $HFS/houdini/pic/  which is located in C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 17.0.506\houdini\pic if you are in windows. then just apply as a texture in your material.