Pyro sim collision

OrlaV

Hello,

I have a small problem, I can't manage to make the collision working with pyro simulation. I just can't find a good solution. I'm using an animation imported in Alembic (Anim_Cable) with which I would like to interact with the simulation.

I would like the cable affect the box of smoke

Do you have a method or trick that could help me?

https://imgur.com/a/CwluTZN

Thank you!

Hi,

try to compute the velocity of the Geometry by using a trail SOP (you have to change the type to compute velocity). After that you have to convert the Geometry to a VDB by using a VDB from Polygons Node and add a point.v surface attribute which is inside the VDB Node (change the type to Displacement/Velocity).

Now, inside the dopnet, add another volume source and point to the VDB Volume and change the type under "Initialize" to Collision. Replace the Source Volume in the Collision Field with "surface". Now it should work :)

Btw you might have to unpack your Alembic File first.

Best of Luck!

Edited by pachan96

if you go @pachan96's way, make sure to also set Scale Source Volume to -1 since VDB is flipped compared to regular Houdini volumes.

another way is to use the static object DOP in volume proxy mode where you point to your vdb (though I'm not sure if you have to tick "invert sign". try it out or have a quick google search for it)

Edited by 3dome