Path following disparity

ChazS

I hope a particles issue qualifies as an effect, so you have my apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum.

However, if I'm in the right place my dilemma is as follows... ...In the attached file is a simple double helix curve and a dopnetwork pulling the particles upward on it. What's curious is why the particles move up the curves at different speeds. Especially considering that the two curves are using the same POP Curve Force & popstream nodes... how is this possible?? I've tried multiple things, like switching the poplocation inputs that feed its appropriate helix and turning off the gravity to no avail. The best result was adjusting the Pop Curve Force node >> Global Forces tab >> FORCE ALONG PATH ramp. This adjustment brings them close but still not quite right. 

Anyway, thanks in advance.

followPath.hipnc

I don't have the answer to why the particles move at different speed up the curve, However if you are looking to have the particles move at exactly the same speed here you go.

followPath_alternate.hipnc

EDIT:

actually it is because you are grabbing both curves into one force. if you create a curve force for each curve and assign them to the paired particle stream it works in fine

followPath_dop_fixed.hipnc

Edited by Jesper Rahlff
  • Thanks 1

What a simple and embarrassingly obvious fix *face palm*. It's so good that (despite my curiosity about my posted issue) I'm going to call it done for now and move on. 

Thanks Jesper.

22 hours ago, ChazS said:

It's so good that (despite my curiosity about my posted issue) I'm going to call it done for now and move on. 

if you look at the last file I fixed the problem in dops. Just divide your one curve force into 2 curve forces and it works as in sops

It's obvious now that I was really overthinking it. Splitting after a dopio hadn't occurred to me to even try. That is what you mean, correct? I only ask since this is still new to me and I don't want to make any assumptions. I split the forces in the dopnet (which is where the disparity happened) but your solution was to kill one of those streams and split it after the dopio node. Your solution is so simple and elegant.