Rigid Sim RnD - Building destruction

Mendi_Bi

Hello guys! 

Recently I am working on a building destruction. I started with a simulation of the main structure with as parameter some blend and stick (first and second picture). The problem is that i would like to add some details (like windows/columns/ceil etc...) (third picture) to the building that will follow as perfectly the main simulation but without impacting it.

Someone have an idea on how i can attached these details without impacting my simulation?

pic 1.PNG

pic 2.PNG

pic 3.PNG

17 hours ago, Midasssilver said:

Well if you cache out the first sim you like, then make it into a vdb for collision geometry for the second sim, you should be able to combine sims without having the new one affect the old one.

Do you any tips or video to make what you said about the vdb for colliions geometry for the second sim?

The same way you would make a static collision object, except you enable "Deforming" on the static object in the dopnet - this way it will get the animation from the changing point count. Then after you make it, inspect the collision representation of the geometry in dops to make sure it is accurate. Since it is a static object, it won't be affected by the sim, but will affect the rigid bodies that are simming.

1 hour ago, Midasssilver said:

The same way you would make a static collision object, except you enable "Deforming" on the static object in the dopnet - this way it will get the animation from the changing point count. Then after you make it, inspect the collision representation of the geometry in dops to make sure it is accurate. Since it is a static object, it won't be affected by the sim, but will affect the rigid bodies that are simming.

Well, it works as you said, but the problem is that now, my new bar simulation does not stay on the floor that explode in the first simulation. It explodes randomly.

If you have any idea?

I give my file so maybe you can see the problem.

skykrapperprocedural.012.hipnc

Two issues I found in your scene. The first might not be an actual problem, but I wonder why you are writing out .geo.sc files, as opposed to .bgeo.sc files.   .bgeo.sc is the standard file format for rop geometry nodes. Second, I believe the problem you are running into is that your bar geometry interpenetrates the ground plane on the first frame, so it starts falling through. It still get affected by the first simulation, but just starts falling at the start. In the file I have attached, you will see those beams no longer go through the floor, but they still start falling at the start. You can probably use a series of constraints to resolve that.

skykrapperprocedural.013.hipnc

Thx now it works!

Any idea on how i can constraint my bars geometry to the first simulation (to the side floors)? Because now they move with the main simulation with their constraint but i want to attahced them to the side floor so the simulation will be more realistic.

Any idea?

I mean, all i want is to find a way that i can take the main simulation and constraint it to the second simulation. Actually the second simulation have it own constraint but i want to add the main simulatiion so it can constraint in the second simulation.

See if you can build a constraint network between the active RBD object (second sim) and the cached simulation (first sim). If the dop brings the constraints in, and you can see them, then you are probably good to go. I haven't done it myself, but perhaps you can find a tut for that online.